3rd brake light does not work 2006 Wrangler

plunkj

The 3rd brake light on my 2006 Wrangler Unlimited is not working. Tired 3 different new bulbs. I am getting power to the bulb connector. Any thoughts?

Where are you checking power at? The socket? And to what ground are you checking it to the outer part of the socket or the farme?
Check the connectors in the door contact. The wires pull out of the button contacts. Sometimes you could loose the buttons.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

Check the socket ground too. If you are using a test light to probe for hot, and using a remote ground, you could be missing a bad ground at the bulb socket itself.

Where are you checking power at? The socket? And to what ground are you checking it to the outer part of the socket or the farme?
Check the connectors in the door contact. The wires pull out of the button contacts. Sometimes you could loose the buttons.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

Thanks for the info. Was checking for power on the socket with the test light grounded to frame. Will check ground at socket.

Thanks for the info. Was checking for power on the socket with the test light grounded to frame. Will check ground at socket.

That and check the resistance socket to frame. Infinity is likely the tailgate contact.
Look at the button contacts in the tailgate contact. I'll post a pic if I could find my old pics.

Here it is
e2961a8fccc715daa6b4b6b3d182a1ba.jpg

JPNinPA
Using Jeepz.com app

Last edited:
Back