1999 Jeep Wagoneer Fog Lights

TorqueO

New to jeeps here. Looking to install fog lights in the stock location on a 1999 Jeep Wagoneer. Fog lights did not come with this vehicle from the factory. I would like to know if I should just go OEM or go with aftermarket fogs? I know its up to me though I want to know if the factory fogs would be better then just switching to aftermarket. Plus would the connections for the OEM fog lights be there even if this Jeep did not come from the factory with them?

I have Ridged fogs on my truck an like them a lot. Though same with my truck, it did not come with fogs. Yet I have been in trucks of my year and make and the fogs imo were not good.

If it didn't come with fog lights the wiring, fuses, relays and switches would not be there.

Check Hella, KC hilites and PAII for light packages. Many have moved to
LED lights. The packages include wiring harnesses with fuses and relays.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

As mentioned make the move to LED fog lights (preferably SAE) which are more reliable, draw less amps and are easy to install. Holes in the bumper make the job super ez just need to find the right spot for the new switch.

Thanks for the insight!

I was looking to fill up the fog light cut outs in the lower part of the bumper with something. I found a cheap pair of LEDs on amozon with switch and wiring. [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DFTW6K2/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A21X3P1H73DDN3&psc=1 Thinking I will look for better. Would mounting aftermarket lights ( such with lets say an Rigid or KC LED 8wide x 6 depth) in those cut outs need the stock OEM brackets?[/FONT]

Would like to find pillar mounts or cowl mounts for this too, yet I'm finding they don't make these for the WJ it seems.

I do like Rigid and KC so I'll be looking into their product line. Have Rigid on my truck. I don't want to go yahoo over board with lights seeing she doesn't take it off road, if at all. Maybe some year just not now. Just a little more light for those dark nights, storm conditions, and back hill roads.

Yes, I'm looking to SAE approved for her.

Just ordered Rigid SR-Q flood lights [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0767HD63F/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
[/FONT]and going to fit them in the cut outs in the bumper. Have some thin inch and a half wide flat stock and will drill some holes through it so I can bolt it to the bottom underside of the hole cut outs. This way I'll have something solid to bolt the light to.
Figure keep these pointing slightly down they will work well as fog lights. I wanted something to fill these fog light holes up with and I found nothing worth putting in there or that would look ok in there.

My daughter is saying she doesn't want the pillar / cowl lights. She thought about it and she really likes the lines of the WJ and wants to keep from going to yahoo. She might want a light bar if it fits in with the body lines and a roof rack, which she wants a roof rack now.

Back