06 Cherokee (Liberty) KJ bluetooth advice

allante666

Hi All,
My other half has a 2006 Cherokee (Liberty) We are in the UK. It has the usual stereo head in it with the infinity speakers. (I have a 02 GC with infinity system but my hu is slightly different as it has the cassette as well).
What she woudl like ideally, is something to add to the existing unit which will not only allow handsfree phone through the unit (mine has a little Sony unit that does this job admirably) but also she wants to be able to stream music from her phone (iphone). She doesnt want any plugs or leads to have to plug in so just wiring to the aux isnt wanted. (mine doesnt do streaming but that doesnt bother me).
A new hu is an option BUT, she doesnt want anything like the majority of new ones with a load of lights and touchscreen bells and whistles hence why she wants to keep the stock unit if possible.
Anyone know of anything suitable? even if I have to get one from the states its not a problem.
TIA and greetings from the UK.

Check out Crutchfield. They don't have everything but you could search what fits your vehicle.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

Hi, Thanks for the reply.
Yeah Ive had a look around on there, theres plenty of alternative heads we could use but I just seem to think that somewhere there must be somethig that can just be wired in.
We did buy a add on unit that woudl have been absolutely ideal but couldnt get it to work (I cant rememeber the name of it now!) Even with some excellent customer service from the manufacturer who actually rang me up to talk me through setting it up and even they couldnt work out why it failed except to think it was because of the infinity system. Surely though the actual head is the same if its infinity or not? Isnt infinity just amps on the speakers? The hu still has a power amp in it doesnt it to drive th e rest of th esmaller speakers?
We dont have a cd changer in the car so that socket is available for any addons. (the unit we had connected in to this but we couldnt make the hu recognise it as a changer, which it was supposed to do)

GROM BT3! thats what it was!!

Check out Crutchfield. They don't have everything but you could search what fits your vehicle.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

Back