UConnect apps and more.

Trypt

I'm new to my Jeep, and read the manual cover to cover.

But I would REALLY love to have an in depth manual of UConnect, or at least some manual. I know how to use everything I have but I'm under the impression you can download apps and update the OS on the UConnect (I have the 8.4 I think it's called, the bigger one).

Could someone point me to where I can learn about UConnect and it's OS and how to do all the cool things. I want to download some extra apps, I want to be able to update, I want to be able to see video even.

I'm an IT guy so it's taking everything not to try to root the OS completely, but really, I believe that's not needed.

Wow... this is from 2 years ago and no one helped/answered?!?!

In same boat, trying to connect to my 2016 and the app is kicking my ass!!!

Wow... this is from 2 years ago and no one helped/answered?!?!

In same boat, trying to connect to my 2016 and the app is kicking my ass!!!

I don’t know anything about u connect. Hopefully someone who does answers.

Try dealer or maybe crutchfield.

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

Last edited:
UConnect is essentially an iOS or android visual display for your radio. When you connect a compatible device via usb or Bluetooth your phone layout will display with messages phone music and maps. It gives you pretty much all the essentials you’ll need when driving. You don’t need to download apps it takes compatible apps already downloaded from your phone and displays them on your radio screen

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

UConnect is essentially an iOS or android visual display for your radio. When you connect a compatible device via usb or Bluetooth your phone layout will display with messages phone music and maps. It gives you pretty much all the essentials you’ll need when driving. You don’t need to download apps it takes compatible apps already downloaded from your phone and displays them on your radio screen

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

Exactly what ^ said.
... I followed a google search for uconnect and went out and connected my phone in less than 5 minutes.
Yes, there is an app... I have NO IDEA what it is used for but it is not needed at all.

This should work, it's what I followed:
How to Connect Your Phone to Uconnect

Now you have Uconnect set up, you’ll need to learn how to pair your phone:

1. Press your vehicle’s Uconnect button. <--- this is the button with the phone on it.
  2. After the voice prompt, say “setup” and then “phone pairing.”
  3. Say “pair a phone,” then the four-digit PIN for your UConnect system (your PIN can be found in your vehicle’s manual).
  4. Say “yes” to confirm your PIN.
  5. Give a name for your phone at the prompt, then assign a priority number.
  6. Enable Bluetooth on your phone and select the option to search for new devices. Your phone should display “Uconnect” in the Bluetooth menu.
  7. Select “Uconnect” and enter the system’s PIN. Uconnect should announce “pairing complete.” Your phone is now paired.

Back