Error Code U102B

JaredHB

I am having a trouble with my rear wheel speed sensor. I’ve had my EBS, Traction Control, and ESP BAS lights on for awhile so I replaced my sensor and cleared my computer but still am getting the lights with the U102B code still coming up. The sensor fixed 3 other codes but won’t get rid of this one does anyone know a fix or possible cause?

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

What year, make, model???
Otherwise you het generic answers that may be wrong.

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

Are you SURE that is a U code ?
Speed sensors are 'C' series codes. AND C102B is Right Rear Wheel Speed Sensor Circuit.

TIP - If I am correct about # note key word is CIRCUIT. expensive lesson.

Yeah I had 2 C codes before and fixed it with the sensor and now I have the U code remaining. Do you know the fixes for a U code?

2010 Jeep Wrangler Jk

using a test light or a DVOM -

Is there @10V terminal 1 ? should be @ battery voltage
Is terminall 2 grounded ? you could probe terminal1 to terminal2

these are mst likely I expect no V at #1 - let me know as we go to next wiring ck.

Attachments

• terminal 1.JPG
    terminal 1.JPG
    15.9 KB · Views: 2,236
  • terminal 2.JPG
    terminal 2.JPG
    15.7 KB · Views: 1,678
I am going to do the test but honestly never had to use my multimeter for stuff like this before. What settings do I set it to to test the voltage? I have a analog meterImage1596311464.458870.jpg

I figured out how to test it with my multimeter and it is reading same voltage as my battery. But as far as terminal 2 being grounded I didn’t know what you meant by that. I put + in terminal 1 and - in terminal 2 and got the same reading as my battery

Touch the black lead to the frame or a bare metal area. Then touch the red to the terminal you are testing. 0 zero volts is ground.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up. -Jesse Jackson

Change the DMM to read K ohms. Touch one lead to each prong of the ABS sensor. Should be 2-5K ohms.

Regards,
JPNinPA

So I checked the ohms but not sure if I did it right.(I’m not good with electrical at all). I set it to 10 ohms max on my multimeter and connected each probe to each pin sticking out of the actual sensor and read 0 ohms just want to make sure before I call quadratec and ask for a replacement

So it turns out I was wrong about jk speed sensor resistance. It will read zero volts. It will vary the current between 7 and 14 MA as the wheel turns and the sensor has 12v across it.

A ODBII scanner can display the currents.

Have you reset the codes via a ODBII code reader? My Honda had issues with speed sensors and each time I changed it I drove over to OReilly's and used their reader to reset the codes.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Yeah I have a Flashpack Superchip reader and cleared all my DTCs and it’s the only code still popping up

Have you cleaned or inspected the tone ring?
IMG_3165.JPG

Debris or a crack in this will cause issues. Also be sure the sensor is fully inserted with the correct gap .

Regards,
JPNinPA

Last edited:
Back