Electrical puzzle

plinkabob

Hi! Thanks so much in advance for this. My Fords air-con doesn’t work so I have to start using my Jeep again to keep my babies cool 🥵

I have a long list of weird things happening to my 2009 Jeep Patriot’s electronics. I have no idea if they are linked but they are all electrical so I’m guessing they are. Here are some;

-The jeep thinks the gate is open
-The clock resets every time the car starts
-The heat doesn’t work (or hardly works)
-The power and engine will stay on when keys are removed, until the doors are opened
-Central locking rarely works
-Every now and then when taking off, the car will refuse to accelerate and will show the warning light of the car with wavy lines underneath it

Im sure there is more than that but honestly I can’t think of anything else right now. I must add this is a rebuild title and I’m pretty sure it had back end damage to it before repaired. The clock has just passed 100,000 miles. Not sure what else you may need.

Please help! This pregnant lady and her little girl will love you forever x

Last edited:

With electrical gremlins I recommend starting with cleaning the battery terminals and connectors. Then the opposite sides of the power and grounds. An their mating areas. Get the battery load tested and alternator checked. Some stores like AZ or OReilly check for free. If the cables look corroded get them replaced.

Often poor battery, charging or grounds cause fantom Issues that come and go.

Any Check Engine Light (CEL)?

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

Thanks so much! We replaced the battery today as it was no longer holding charge but I think this is from a separate issue (my husband left the keys in the ignition for 3 days and killed it somehow).

After the new battery was in all the same issues carried on. I will suggest about cleaning and checking for corroded cables. There are just so many

Thanks so much for the help!

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

Worry about the Battery main connections. There are usually two grounds. One to the engine and one to the chassis.
Then there are 2-3 power connections.

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

Last edited:
Back