Intermittent ABS light... [emoji2375][emoji848]

Jagered

So this happened before, off and on for about a week or so. Took it to the 'stealer' and they replaced one. Worked until now, about 5-6 months and it's coming on again?! Oy vey...

What's the hand held device that any of you use that has ABS on it?

Are these things something I should just keep a couple on the Jeep cause they are unreliable?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-S906U using Jeepz.com mobile app

What code is being thrown? O’reilly has a scanner with ABS readouts.
ABS could be anything from uneven tire wear to air pressure to broken tone ring, bad sensor or dirt or grease in the sensors from bad seal or failing bearing.

Get the code. Even though the light is out the code is likely stored. If it is one sensor like right rear verify the above. For the tone ring you will need to inspect all of it. So you may need to jack up and support the vehicle and spin the tire to inspect. Also check wiring and connection.

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

Last edited:
I'll have to pick on up, the cheapy I have does not say anything about ABS!
What code is being thrown? O’reilly has a scanner with ABS readouts.
ABS could be anything from uneven tire wear to air pressure to broken tone ring, bad sensor or dirt or grease in the sensors from bad seal or failing bearing.

Get the code. Even though the light is out the code is likely stored. If it is one sensor like right rear verify the above. For the tone ring you will need to inspect all of it. So you may need to jack up and support the vehicle and spin the tire to inspect. Also check wiring and connection.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Jeepz.com mobile app

Borrow from oreilly. Free tool use.

Back