satalite radio?

wrangler_x03

ive been looking to buy a satalite radio for my 03 wrangler but every were i go the sales people dont know were to put the antina. so i was woundering if any one here has a satalite radio and were did you locate it.:idea:

Anywhere on top of the roll bar works fine. The signal passes nicely through either a soft top or fiberglass hard top.

You can either place it on top of your Dashboard or do it like the Factory setup where the antenna pod is mounted on a Plate Bracket on the Driver side Sport Bar and Rollbar. so as long as its Facing upwards it should get a Signal whether with a Soft top or Hardtop.i've also seen it it Mounted on the Windshield like a Cellular antenna. i just don't think thats a good idea just because the sattelite antenna is in the forward position. i hope this helps.

yeah thanks i do have a hoard top and thought of both thoughs places but wasnt sure if it would read through the top

I put my magnetic Sirius Satellite Antenna on the cowl. It was simple, route the cable down through the grill, through a firewall grommet, up under the dash to the radio. No cost and it works great.

It has been there through the toughest of trails and inclement weather without ever moving.

Siriusantennalocation-2.jpg

P1010132Rubi6-2.jpg

I built my own antenna mount for my Sirius.

Attachments

• 10-23-08_0734.jpg
    10-23-08_0734.jpg
    378.1 KB · Views: 143
Top of the roof works the best. On the dash may get a signal, but since it has to go through the glass and at some angles (depending on where the nearest satalite is to you) the roof may be in the way.

Usually the satalite is not directly above you. So you have to keep that in mind when you're finding a location, since the signal can't go through much of anything.

There's unfortunatly only a few satalites over the US (depending on who your provider is), which makes it kind of crappy in some areas no matter where it's located on the vehicle.

Back