My subwoofer experiment. TS-SW3041D

BBjmc

I was going to ask if anyone had tried fitting one of these

Pioneer TS-SW3041D

12" 4-ohm shallow subwoofer

in the trunk of their TJ.

But now that i have already bought it, the amp and the box i guess i will be doing the experiment. the box is .8 cu ft and comes right to the trunk door when it closes.

I can provide some pics if people are interested. Im excited to see if this works. these slim subs are supposed to be best in breed.

also the amp is an 800w Sony Mono. the sub is rated at 350 RMS @ 4 ohms and so is the amp... exactly. and the recommended box size for the sub of .8 cu ft is the exact size i have crammed into my little trunk.

Let's see!

Attachments

• h130TSS3041-f.jpg
    h130TSS3041-f.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 555
  • h130TSS3041-l.jpg
    h130TSS3041-l.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 421

Yeah, post some pics when you are done. I'd like to see how it fits.

I have 2 regular size 12's in the back on my wrangler that fit with no problem i'll take some pics (or maybe a video i need to do a video of it).

Ya, i'll add some pics once i get them in the box and wired up. I am thinking i am going to need a grill to prevent to sub from hitting the trunk on the :arrow: bounce of the notes.

TJ_Jeep, you have 2 regular 12's? Are you talking about the trunk space or did you take out the back seat (or lay it down)? How many cu ft is your box?

Ya, i'll add some pics once i get them in the box and wired up. I am thinking i am going to need a grill to prevent to sub from hitting the trunk on the :arrow: bounce of the notes.

TJ_Jeep, you have 2 regular 12's? Are you talking about the trunk space or did you take out the back seat (or lay it down)? How many cu ft is your box?
Back in the trunk, and i dont need a grill for them, i bought it a local flea market for $40 and it came with poly-fil, i would guess it was about 1.5 cu all together, i'll post a video on youtube with it working, its actually pretty loud

Attachments

• 0204091902.jpg
    0204091902.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 429
I have 2 10" TS-SW3041D's underneath of my backseat.. I know I know a little much, but it sure as hell gets the job done.. they sound great whenever i turn them up. It only took me and my dad a weekend to build and fit the box (although it is a little bit JerryRigged).. but overall i love it. I just have to work on tuning it up a little bit to make it just a little bit deeper but overall it is prob one of the best things that I have done.

That is just my experience.. so good luck with your project.

P.S. I dont know if you knew this but that is the same sub that TerryMason used on his How-To for the in-seat subwoofer...

I didnt know that. i'm going to take a picture of how the .8 cu ft box fits in the back seat when it gets light out.

good looks on the under seat hook up.

as you can see, not a lot of room. i'm worried about the sub hitting the trunk. maybe i can turn it to be facing into the back of the rear seat.

i will be putting the amp under the rear seat tho.

Attachments

• DSCN2177.JPG
    DSCN2177.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 466
  • DSCN2178.JPG
    DSCN2178.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 405
  • DSCN2179.JPG
    DSCN2179.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 420
as you can see, not a lot of room. i'm worried about the sub hitting the trunk. maybe i can turn it to be facing into the back of the rear seat.

i will be putting the amp under the rear seat tho.
Turn it around and stuff it with poly-fil will be 100% louder

looks nice i had mine facing out and it did hit trunk so i turned it around against the seat all is fine now

those shallow depth subs are brilliant too bad someone didnt come out with those a long time ago

Back