Hardtop wiring harness

dsnyd73

I have a 2000 Jeep Wrangler that has a hard top but it was not wired to activate the rear window defogger and wiper. I bought a wiring harness and parts from Quadretec and the plug will not connect at the rear of the top. I have tried many times to plug this in but it seems like the two connectors aren't compatible. Any suggestions?

Is there a way to tell when a hardtop was manufactured? I know that this was not the original hardtop on my Jeep.

i have the same problem with my jeep.. my jeep had a different hard top on it with a wiper motor and defroster on it.. but my jeep has no harness.. i was wondering where to buy a harness too.. did you have much trouble installing the wiring harness?

I didn''t get any response with help from the forum so I went to the Jeep dealer. The service manager found a plug that would fit my year top which was a 2001 or 2002 (part #05013984AA). I also asked them to install it. They needed another plug for the front connection which they ordered. It will cost me about 225 to install the wiring harness in labor. Getting the wires right looked like a nightmare for me to do right. Hope this helps.

Back