Opinions? Enclosures

Ort26

I have a 2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport and have a credit at best buy I need to use so I want to put a sound system in it. I don't know much about them so I have been reading up trying to learn and I'm looking for some direction regarding the sub enclosure.

I'm planning on going with a 10" or 12" single Alpine Type-R sub in the rear trunk behind the back seat. It seems like I am going to have to buy a custom enclosure elsewhere but the problem I'm running into is that all custom enclosures for jeeps are for dual sub set-ups.

What I would like is an enclosure that will house the sub and allow room for an amp as well. I don't care if I lose the trunk space. I know people have put the sub under the rear seat which looks awesome, but I don't have the skills/time to do that.

Here are some enclosures I found online:

Single 12" Sub Enclosure: (Only Single I could find)
Product Purchase Page
(see attachment)

Everything else I found was for a Dual set-up.

10" Dual Enclosure:
Jeep Wrangler 2-10 All Years JUMBO PRO- Poly Sub Box - Car Audio

10" Dual Enclosure:
Custom JW-2X10-DF Dual 10" Wrangler Enclosure Box

Any opinions on what I should do or any other ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help guys.

Attachments

• Jeep-sub-IMG_1403.jpg
    Jeep-sub-IMG_1403.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 275
  • Jeep-sub-IMG_1404.jpg
    Jeep-sub-IMG_1404.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 515
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks J - I haven't seen that box yet, its pretty cool. Quadratec looks like a good site too thanks for pointing it out.

I run an MTX 10" thunder in a square enclosure. Couldnt find anywhere to put it, experimented with different places, ended up using half of my rear seat to sit it on and ran the amp underneath the seat. I only like this becuase i feel it suspends my enclosure so that the road bumps dont break my cone or anything like that. 10" is perfect for a wrangler.

Back