2004 Wrangler Sahara Stock Cd/Stereo Question?????

GTAMike

Hey guys, my crap ass stock CD player is starting to act up. It keeps saying error, or it takes forever to finally play a cd, etc. I want to buy another stock unit. There are a few on ebay that are decent priced. My question is, I have the stock unit with the single disc. There is a stock Cd player for some of the Chrysler jeep products that look the same, but they are 6 disc. Will these 6 disc units fit with out any modifications? Will it install directly, or should I just stick with the stock single disc? I don't want a aftermarket stereo. I am happy with the sound of the stock system with the stock sub woofer.
Thanks
Mike

Mike I went through two stock CD/stereo head units, both either failed to play and some times eject the CD. The 6 CD head unit will fit but it will soon follow yours down the road to sucksville. There is something about wranglers and stock CD plays that don't mix. I found a cheap Ken-wood head unit at the Zone after my second ate my "Darkside of the Moon" CD. My off roading buddy lost six CD's in one shot in his Wrangler from his wifes head unit out of her Grand.

Personally save yourself the hassle and go cheap after market, mine still sounds great even with the stock sub woofer.

Thanks man, I just like the way the stock ones fit. I like the look of the factory. I don't like the look of after market. But I know you are right. I just figured if I could find one cheap, I would do it, especially the stock style 6 disc. I also didn't want to have any wiring isssues with the aftermarket. I just wanted to plug and play. I didn't know the stock 6 disc unitswould work with out wiring mods. Thanks man for the advice.

Mike

Mike I went through two stock CD/stereo head units, both either failed to play and some times eject the CD. The 6 CD head unit will fit but it will soon follow yours down the road to sucksville. There is something about wranglers and stock CD plays that don't mix. I found a cheap Ken-wood head unit at the Zone after my second ate my "Darkside of the Moon" CD. My off roading buddy lost six CD's in one shot in his Wrangler from his wifes head unit out of her Grand.

Personally save yourself the hassle and go cheap after market, mine still sounds great even with the stock sub woofer.

Back