Gauges Not Working

jcianciolo

The gauges in my 1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport (4.0L) have not been working a for a few days. This happened once or twice before but was never an issue as the next time I started my car they worked fine. This time restarting the car does not seem to be doing the trick. Nothing on my control panel is working and my "airbag" red light is on.

Any suggestions? Has anyone els had this problem?

did you check the fuse? when i was playin with my radio it blew the fuse for the gauges idk how cause the radio fuse was ok but still if your fuse is bad the gauges wont work but im not sure about the air bag light mayb a bad fuse there too? good luck tho!!

did you check the fuse? when i was playin with my radio it blew the fuse for the gauges idk how cause the radio fuse was ok but still if your fuse is bad the gauges wont work but im not sure about the air bag light mayb a bad fuse there too? good luck tho!!

THanks, but I fixed it. Took the dash apart and it was a simple as the plugs coming loose on the back of the gauge cluster. I re-seated the the plaugs and it has been working since.

Im having a problem when I turn my headlights on and all the smaller gauges stop working. I turn the headlights off and they work perfectly.

Asking for help please

Im having a problem when I turn my headlights on and all the smaller gauges stop working. I turn the headlights off and they work perfectly.

Asking for help please

sounds like a possible ground issue

Back