tj sport subwoofer

jerseyguy316

Hi everyone I'm looking to get some subs in my jeep tj sport but, I don't want to sacrifice my "trunk" room or have my sub easily taken. I know my jeep didn't come with a factory subwoofer in it but i was wondering what I needed to get so i could install a center console subwoofer I have a huge glove compartment in place of where I think it should be. Any advice would be much appricated.

there are subs out there that require very little air to push to get a good kick. you could place them under the back seat.

There is two ways to do this one is to try and find a TJ center console with the factory sub, this will give you the required mounts,speaker face ect ect for the single sub,or give a call to your local stealership and ask them, it was a factory and dealership upgrade. Not sure the cost that way, or take a look at what Terry did, he mounted his in his back seat. a little more work but a bit more bump.

You're right that the factory subwoofer was housed in the center console, and you could go the route of installing all factory equipment, but you'll probably spend more than the cost of a good aftermarket setup to do this, and end up with a 6.5 inch sub.

As Utah mentioned, I put my sub inside of the rear seat - it's a fantastic setup, but more work than most people are looking for.

For a more plug and play setup you can get something like these:
Quadratec Exclusive -SUB03-CVR - Custom Rear Subwoofer Kit with 10" Kicker CompVR Subwoofer for 03-06 Jeep® Wrangler TJ - Quadratec
or
MTX ThunderForms (Charcoal) Custom-fit enclosure with two 10" Thunder4500 subwoofers —1997-2006 Jeep Wranglers at Crutchfield.com
which take up most of your trunk space.

If you don't want to replace your rear seat, you could do something like this:
Select Increments Stealth-Pod Portable 10" subwoofer enclosure for Jeeps Fits 1976-86 CJ7 / Scrambler and all 1976-up Wrangler models at Crutchfield.com
it does take up some trunk space, but leaves enough room to keep the trunk useful.

The trunk mounted pod would require a shallow mount sub (something that can get by on .7 cubic feet of airspace, like the Pioneer TS-SW2501S4

You may also want to look into this:
Pioneer TS-SWX251 Compact sealed enclosure with one 10" shallow-mount sub at Crutchfield.com
I'm a fan of the Pioneer shallow mount subs (thats what I have in my Jeep).

What about the under the seat powered sub woofer, model # B-8PT? Has anybody tryed this out? It's on special now for $159.99. shipped. It's a 8" sub with 120 watt amp. I ordered it but won't be delivered till the 28th. I'm hoping for an exceptable unit that sound decent. It's available from CRUTCHFIELD.

I have a trunk unit in my TJ with 10" sony explodes....they are wicked loud....I had an amp with 100 watts per channel with a 4ohm load they wete ok but my cousin swapped my amp with his;it was a 150 or 175 watt but with a 2ohm load...big difference....they use the wattage more eficiently....it eas like they souned about 200watts per chanell and it soundd great with or without the top on...very important to me...so I would reconsider getting a somewhat serious system .... its wort it....I spent a totall of about 260 bucks all online stuff ....if your not in a hurry you can get some good stuff cheap if you take some time and look around.

I'm looking for something yanno kinda cheap my limit on speakers and box is $300 how much work is the back seat conversion that sounds really neat! But can I take chicks in my back seat through the trails without hitting a bump and them crushing my speakers that's my only concern haha

I first saw that and taking apart my seat is not what I thought a good idea.....plus putting in a box behind the seat sounded better and I vould take it out as I needed.....I first started out with bazooka tubes and sounded like crap.....your main goal is to push air....mainly of low tones and the bigger the box the more air it will push out of the box into the inside of the jeep....my whole system was around 260-275 bux totall.

Here are some pix of my sub.

ForumRunner_20111129_164845.png

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111129_164759.png
    ForumRunner_20111129_164759.png
    485.2 KB · Views: 1,776
  • ForumRunner_20111129_164822.png
    ForumRunner_20111129_164822.png
    643.7 KB · Views: 18,365
Back