Thread: wire harness

banannaclip is offline Junior Member

wire harness

wondering how difficult they are too put in . do you just pull all the old out and put in new .what i have is a 64 cj-5 willys it has a 302 ,3 speed o/d with p.t.o and a koenig king 658 model winch. the existing wiring is hard to tell what is what. any suggestions ?

PoliceMonkey161 is offline Senior Member

Re: wire harness

Quote Originally Posted by banannaclip View Post
    wondering how difficult they are too put in . do you just pull all the old out and put in new .what i have is a 64 cj-5 willys it has a 302 ,3 speed o/d with p.t.o and a koenig king 658 model winch. the existing wiring is hard to tell what is what. any suggestions ?
    No, it's not overly difficult.... But time consuming. I ran mine next to or over top (where applicable) on the existing mess of a harness that I had. There are a couple of companies that make them, the major one is "Painlesss". However, there is a small company in S.C. (I think, I can search for his info if you would like it) that make a add on as needed type harness that is very reasonable.

flatie46 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by PoliceMonkey161 View Post
    No, it's not overly difficult.... But time consuming. I ran mine next to or over top (where applicable) on the existing mess of a harness that I had. There are a couple of companies that make them, the major one is "Painlesss". However, there is a small company in S.C. (I think, I can search for his info if you would like it) that make a add on as needed type harness that is very reasonable.
    Is it Rebel Wiring or something like that? Someone posted about them sometime back.

Turbogus is offline Senior Member

It may sound lie a hack job I did on "Betty" my '78 CJ 5 but I found resources online for the exact specific connectors for dash, firewall and other linking components that I could purchase by the each, so repairing the damage and poor wiring by P.O.s of "Betty" (found many solderless connectors, I prefer soldering and shrink tubing myself) only set me back $30 or $40 clams when all was said and done.
    Quick fixes are so named for how long they stay fixed.
    If you run out of gas, no matter which way you decide to push, the closest gas station will always be uphill and in the other direction. Corollary: The likelihood of running out increases when all of the nearby gas stations are closed.
    The parts shop that stocks part for Skylab II will not have parts for our year/model of Jeep.
    We cannot accurately judge the trajectory of a speeding critter (cat, dog, sasquatch).