Under carriage (rock) lighting

Seen em on a ford bright yes. In the way under the fenders. But not too bad by frame.
I got some led strips off of amazon. water proof take less room. Pretty bright. I'm ordering another roll going to go all around underside.

The 3M tape may be enough, but I'd still like a way to bolt / screw them if I wanted to.

The reviews on those lights aren't very good though..

I use the cheap NAPA tractor lights, 4 total with wiring and relay costs about $36 total. I like the cheap lights so if one goes bad or breaks, it is only $7 to replace. I have one up under the rad. fram mount, one in the rear where the gas tank was and one on each side under the door opening high on the frame. Now that LED's are becoming more economical, I may consider replacing them with something smaller and lighter.

The 3M tape may be enough, but I'd still like a way to bolt / screw them if I wanted to.

The reviews on those lights aren't very good though..

Yeah, I read some of the same. Main thing seemed to be small dia wire and cheesy connectors. Small wire due to them being LEDs I suppose. The cost is reasonable, so replacing to thicker wire and better connectors may be required. Good thing is the lights are small, so easy to put into diff area's. Bottom line... If there all put on...

Are they bright enough to be used off road rock to see where your putting your tires????? Guys.... ?

I used LED strips from Ebay for mine and they have been on for about a year now. No issues at all. I have more pics on my personal computer of what they look like from underneath. I am on my work computer now.

Attachments

• IMAG0505.jpg
    IMAG0505.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 22
Saw a post on another site about some "Eagle Eye" led lights used as rock lights. Their sold on Ebay, come in various watts and seem to be really reasonable. I ordered 6 of the 10 watt type for $17.99. Guess I now need to start looking for a switch...

Back