LED Light Help

h.chrisp5

I have an 05 jeep wrangler tj and i installed all led lights and the tail running lights don't work but the turn signals and break lights do.
What I Did:
Step 1 - I started from the front with the side markers and everything worked fine
Step 2 - I then did the front turn signals and everything worked but the turn signals hyperflashed
Step 3 - I put in the Reverse lights and those worked fine
Step 4 - I replaced the Flasher relay to fix the hyper flashing and it worked but would click a couple more time after turn signals were shut off
Step 5 - I put in the rear running/break lights and the turn signals and break functions worked but the running lights did not
What did I do wrong and/or how do I fix this?

Are you using a kit of some sort, or are you just replacing bulbs? I've got a 2005 and would be interested in doing this as well.

Does the tail light led bulbs have three dots on the bottom, or two? It sounds like the bulb is a single element or, its the wrong on bulb

I just looked up the bulb type and got the same type but LED and these are the sizes i used:

@TerryMason

Last edited:

Does the tail light led bulbs have three dots on the bottom, or two? It sounds like the bulb is a single element or, its the wrong on bulb

the reverse light has one and the tail light has two

I have an 05 jeep wrangler tj and i installed all led lights and the tail running lights don't work but the turn signals and break lights do.
What I Did:
Step 1 - I started from the front with the side markers and everything worked fine
Step 2 - I then did the front turn signals and everything worked but the turn signals hyperflashed
Step 3 - I put in the Reverse lights and those worked fine
Step 4 - I replaced the Flasher relay to fix the hyper flashing and it worked but would click a couple more time after turn signals were shut off
Step 5 - I put in the rear running/break lights and the turn signals and break functions worked but the running lights did not
What did I do wrong and/or how do I fix this?
I figured it out LED lights are positive and negative sensitive so i got a different led tail light and it worked

Back