Anyone have good radio advice?

'98wranglerguy

I have a 1998 Wrangler Sport. It has the stock boring ol' radio that, honestly, is a good radio. But, being who I am, I need better. The DORMAN 586012 would be the next step up if i wanted to keep the stock look. It has everything. CD, Cassette, and an AUX cord hook up. my only question is will it fit with no modifications?

Welcome to Jeepz.com.

How about something like this:
jeep 1998 wrangler radio | eBay

s-l500.jpg

For me, I wouldn't spend any time installing a radio that doesn't have bluetooth. It is soooo nice to just pair my phone to my stereo and play music, podcasts, pandora, GPS, etc from my phone. I would just look through Crutchfield: Car Stereo, Speakers, Home Theater, Pro Audio, 4k TV and find what works best for me, but I don't care about the stock look.

If you're big into the stock appearance, you could try something like this:
http://www.amazon.com/iSimple-IS31-...sr=1-1&keywords=bluetooth+car+adapter+antenna
Which would add bluetooth to your existing stereo. The sound won't be as good as other options, but at 22 bucks it's hard to go wrong.

and, just fyi, any radio will fit with harness adapter and a dash kit. which are like 40-60 bucks together from walmart.

Welcome to Jeepz.com.

How about something like this:
jeep 1998 wrangler radio | eBay

View attachment 21440

For me, I wouldn't spend any time installing a radio that doesn't have bluetooth. It is soooo nice to just pair my phone to my stereo and play music, podcasts, pandora, GPS, etc from my phone. I would just look through Crutchfield: Car Stereo, Speakers, Home Theater, Pro Audio, 4k TV and find what works best for me, but I don't care about the stock look.

If you're big into the stock appearance, you could try something like this:
Robot Check
Which would add bluetooth to your existing stereo. The sound won't be as good as other options, but at 22 bucks it's hard to go wrong.

He has a very good point about getting a radio that has a bluetooth capable, its really helpful and much safer.

Back