Page 3 of 3 First 123

Thread: Switches

Turbogus is offline Senior Member

Re: Switches

Since they're incandescent they're not as bright as an LED would be and my view of that panel is slightly obscured by the shifter lever anyway. I found the circuit I tapped into that I mentioned earlier is a Key on circuit so there's no danger of leaving them on by mistake.
    Quick fixes are so named for how long they stay fixed.
    If you run out of gas, no matter which way you decide to push, the closest gas station will always be uphill and in the other direction. Corollary: The likelihood of running out increases when all of the nearby gas stations are closed.
    The parts shop that stocks part for Skylab II will not have parts for our year/model of Jeep.
    We cannot accurately judge the trajectory of a speeding critter (cat, dog, sasquatch).

I found some metal parts under the dash but they don't seem to have continuity to the negative terminal of the battery. Switches-2012-03-06_211819_1.gif
    If you run out of gas, no matter which way you decide to push, the closest gas station will always be uphill and in the other direction. Corollary: The likelihood of running out increases when all of the nearby gas stations are closed.
    The parts shop that stocks part for Skylab II will not have parts for our year/model of Jeep.
    We cannot accurately judge the trajectory of a speeding critter (cat, dog, sasquatch).

Wired with a ring terminal and an extra nut on the bottom of that strap holding the horizontal bar for ground, found a key on power source to the fuse panel and learned that save for four mounting screws across the bottom of the dash, the lower and upper dash is snap-fit. This surprised me, but then I haven't driven anything later than an '81 in recent years. The lights work fine now just wiating on parts to finalize the switch.

Switches-wp_20170203_07_49_16_pro.jpg
    Last edited by Turbogus; 02-03-2017 at 08:40 PM.

Eventuallly I'm going to make my own battery cables for this truck 'BBB' as I did for 'BB'

Switches-p1040775.jpg

Page 3 of 3 First 123