Throttle Body pricing

geopig

Throttle Body pricing--UPDATE--It's in!

I've decided to do the upgrade to the 4.0L throttle body on my '91 2.5L YJ after having read recent posts. Is $50 shipped a good price for a used TB from a '94 XJ? I looked quickly (very quickly) online at new ones that were >$400, so I'm assuming that the price is good but wanted to check.

Last edited:

$75.00 + your old one and i'll send you a bored out 62mm one.

Maybe, try to get me a pic of yours to make sure of the sensors. Kinda need a core though. PM me if you want maybe could just rework yours if you can handle a little down time.

So I installed a 4.0L Airaid throttle body spacer and the 4.0L throttle body on the jeep today and it went quite well. I followed the instructions on 4bangerjp.com which were helpful. They are here: http://www.4bangerjp.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8

I definitely notice a little bit extra in the power dept. and the idle is smooth as silk now. So for the $120 it cost for both parts so far not bad. Long trip with some wheeling out in the Mojave Desert this weekend so I'll see if I notice it on the windy hills of the Mojave and if there is a fuel efficiency increase.

I picked mine up on ebay but check your local junkyard.

Back