Fuel system return line.

chaos.258

I have an 89' Wrangler with a 4.2. I am installing headers and the fuel system return line is in the way. Can I remove it or should I move it? I would rather remove it completely. What are the pros and cons to this? Will I get more or less fuel to the carb? What about venting and/or non-venting. Please help.

You cant remove the return line, you need to move it. If you remove it completley the carb will get ALL the fuel the pump is sending it and you rig will either run MEGA RICH or not run at all.

Another lesser known factor one reaps when the return line recirculates unused fuel back to the tank is that the fuel doesn't get heat soaked setting in the line to get used. The engine "grabs what it needs" and sends the unused back to the cool gas tank for recirculation...less chance for engine vapor lock. LBR

I have an 89' Wrangler with a 4.2. I am installing headers and the fuel system return line is in the way. Can I remove it or should I move it? I would rather remove it completely. What are the pros and cons to this? Will I get more or less fuel to the carb? What about venting and/or non-venting. The carb. is a Holley 390cfm 4 barrel on an Offenhauser alum. intake which requires 6-7 p.s.i. The fuel pump is stock which produces 4-5 p.s.i. This combination has worked good for me so far and should work even better when the headers are installed. Has anyone tried this set-up before? What did you do with your fuel return line?

Last edited:
Back