Roller rockers???????

jeffrey919

alright i have swaped in a 1990 gm 350 TBI into my jeep yj. I need to replace valve seals to cure the puff of smoke when i first start it. while im doing the job i think should i replace with roller rockers? is it worth the added expense? are they dependable in an offroad enviroment? should i stick with the 1.5 ratio or increase to 1.6 ratio? any info greatly appreaciated:mrgreen:

No.. you most likely have a flat tappet camshaft. you will need to upgrade to a Hydraulic roller cam, Hydraulic lifters and new rods.

Ideally you should also have your heads flowed so you can choose the correct ratio for your new equipment as well.

your looking at a $1000 investment.

Unless your going to rev the crap out of that mill, you should be more than fine with your current set up.

But since you will be into the heads, you can increase the rocker ratio, this will mimic the changes you'd make with a roller lobe if you were to change the duration of your cam. Might be good for a little more low end grunt.

Thanks for the info. i was told i couldn't do much with the cam being its TBI setup. i just replaced the seals, cured the problem! i see the comp cams magnum roller tip rockers seem to be popular in the offroad community. I'll worry about this at a later date. It moves like hell anyhow. thanks for your reply

jeff

Back