i just bought a 2000 grand cherokee limited, and i have a few questions

murraybryson786

so i am looking in to replacing the stock muffler and am wondering what brand of muffler i should go with
i don't want to be heard for miles but it would be nice to be heard

Last edited:

Borla muffler sounds good on a 4.7liter. :twisted: I thought for sure you had a list of questions earlier or maybe i just need to take a break.:cry:.

i did have more questions but i realized i posted them in the wrong tread group so they are under the general questions now
borla? never heard of them i am just getting the muffler swapped not a full exhaust.
the guy i am having do it caries flow master and magna flow and will swap it out and all the labor for $70
which one sounds quieter and not ratty?

but it looks like that tread didn't post probably my bad so my jeep has a funny knock noise to it when it reaches about 4000 RPMs and then when i am accelerating fast and let off the gass you can hear it then too
it sounds like a lifter or a rod
i have also lost about a 1.5 qts of oil in 1500 miles i know it is burning it and i am using conventional oil... going higher mileage next time but should i be super worried about this noise?

and my other question was about the gas tank when i fill up the gas comes spraying back out if i pull the trigger all the way is this a common problem and is there a common fix?

any help will be appreciated. and thanks again

IMO, both the magna flow and flowmaster has a lumpy sound. P.M. me the last eight of your vin# so i can check it for any recalls and any related tsb's.

so how much dose a Borla muffler cost and dose it give preformance like the magna flows and flow masters? or is it strictly a sound good muffler?

oh and also a throttle body spacer. and a chip system do you know what chip system is going to be the most cost effective or my application?

man i was not planning on asking all these questions at once just thought i would tackle them one but one...i am looking at getting a lift n the jeep as well and new tires and rims. i was thinking like 4.5 inches but what size tires do i what to be running? i want it to look good but not over the top so i get pulled over all the ti

magna flows have packing meterial in them that will wear out over time and the muffler will slowly get louder. the flowmasters have no packing in them so their sound will never change. for a nice sounding muffler i would go with a flowmaster 50 or 70 seris muffler. i run a flowmaster super 40 on my jeep xj with a 4 liter. its a very aggresive sounding muffler but it will probably be louder then you will want.

Back