this is a test

Or what?! eh?, Just kidding. you should be able to post already. What are you waiting for. Are you done yet?

Sorry about the start up snafoos. I have a 91 yj with a 4.0 i had stroked by a very good engine builder. Less than 500 miles i scored piston #6. I burn 91 octane. 24lb injectors. Ran good sounded good until the scoring happened. any thoughts?

Possible poor lubrication on that cylinder, exessive fuel delivered by the injector along with poor combustion, poor bore measurements that may have led to a wrong size rings.

Is there a timing procedure to sinc the computer at all rpms that should be followed? The engine is rebuilt and back in ready to rock but i want to get it right this time. I adjusted the map sensor .52+ before. We were thinking about a cooler plug than the rc9yc4 champion recomended. Just throwing stuff out there.

Your timing should only be adjusted with the distributor. The stock ecu cannot be re-programmed for a performance setup. If you do a battery disconnect, the adaptive numerators on the ecu should all go to zero and will re-learn all the adaptives on the next ignition cycle when you re-connect the battery.

I have an adjustable crank position sensor that allows me to tweek the timing just like the good old pre computer days of simply giving the distributor a twist. Got to get my steak off the grill.

If you put larger injectors in without the ability to control them they will flow way too much. I am running around 59# injectors but they had to be scaled way back or I would be running super rich. any more specs on your setup other then it's stroked? Cam? heads? if it's just stroked your stock injectors probably could have been tweaked to work with maybe an adjustable F.P.R.

Back