more horse power

venom

i want to know if anyone has put into there jeeps a Ls1 corvette engine in there tj because i would like to do the same thing and i want to know what i need and what type of gears do i need for my jeep with that ls1 engine in it i will be driving on the highway most of the time and weekend worrior please let me know thank you for your help
james

You will need to figure out what youre gonna use for a transmission behind it. Tire size will have alot to do with gear choices. The ls1 is a good engine and yes it can be put in a jeep. As for what youll need is a way to hook the drivetrain to the engine, new motor mounts, wiring harness and ecm. And that is just to start with.

i want to know if anyone has put into there jeeps a Ls1 corvette engine in there tj because i would like to do the same thing and i want to know what i need and what type of gears do i need for my jeep with that ls1 engine in it i will be driving on the highway most of the time and weekend worrior please let me know thank you for your help
james

Forget the LS1 and turbo it.

Think thats to much power for that little short wheel base ,it would prob twist like a pretzel

Found my HX30 last weekend. Once I swap the rear axle I'm turning back to turboing it. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaahpsssssssssh!

skip the corvette engine. Go electric and get all the speed you need! There is a company in AZ converting jeeps to electric.
Go to YouTube and find the electric eCo jeep.

Back