wanting to swap throttle bodies

b.hog

got a 95 yj 2.5, heard alot about swapping throttle bodies.First I need one, then i guess my main question is,will I need to change my exhaust for there to be any noticable difference,(stock 2")or will just slappin a high flo muffler be ok?

Last edited:

Welcome to the Z, Brandon. I'm in Southern Illinois as well, up closer to St. Louis, where 'bouts are you at?

A 4.0L throttle body will work, from '91-'04, but I sell a 62mm throttle body that works a lot better. They're relatively inexpensive and greatly improve throttle response over even the 4.0L throttle bodies.

Email me at bountyhunter AT sija.org if you're interested in a 62mm TB, then respond on here and we'll chat some more about what performance mods work well with the throttle body on the 2.5L engine.

Hey bro im 13 miles east of Mt.Vernon.

I ended up gettin a throttle body (today actually) from a 97.Switched all the sensors an installed it,worked.Took er for a spin and it made a noticable difference.Will be needin a 62 mm spacer and a spare 2.5 intake manifold to grind on......got any of those??

I think I still have a 2.5L intake, let me check. I have the spacers as well.

Our local jeep club has some members over in the Centralia area.

Back