2.4L upgrades

4bddn

I have the 2.4L motor. I already have the Airaid CAI and a Jet Stage 1 perfomance chip. I'm looking for either a bigger cam or maybe a stroker kit. But, I'm no luck with either. Would it better to go the cam/stroker route or a header/exhaust route? Thanks

i personally would go with the header exhaust. you will pick up some power and also some better mpgs then i would go with a cam that is designed to work in the same rpm range as the header

wouldnt a cam job produce more power than a header/exhaust package? price is about the same, but i just want to sound like a farting honda :lol:

yes and no. a cam works by letting more air in and more air out. if you do a header and a cam. the cam will give you alot more power then by just putting a cam in.

so, my first choice would be to replace the header, and then exhaust. if that doest satisfy things, then the cam? however, the only company i see making headers/exhaust for my jeep is pacesetter. borla makes an exhaust as well, but they want $500+. is pacesetter any good? thanks

i personally have never ran a pacesetter header. i runb a borla on my jeep. my friend has the pacesetter he likes it never has had any trouble with it.

where did you get the intake and chip from? Does tha intake work with A/C? I have read that some of them don't. Thanks

where did you get the intake and chip from? Does tha intake work with A/C? I have read that some of them don't. Thanks

i actually got the chip off of anthore jeep forum. paid $125 for it. got the airaid cai off of a retailer on ebay for $200 brand new. the intake works just fine with the factory ac. hardest part was taking apart the factory airbox. both items improved the drivability alot. next stop is exhaust for me. either off-road flowmaster 44 series, or glass packs. can't decide

thanks for the info. I just found a site that has headers and exhaust systems- but I can't post the site yet. don't have enough posts.
they've got alot of other stuff that I didn't know existed for the engine.

thanks for the info. I just found a site that has headers and exhaust systems- but I can't post the site yet. don't have enough posts.
they've got alot of other stuff that I didn't know existed for the engine.

sweet! can you send a pm with the link? thanks

Back