2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.7L - looking for performance suspension, need help

steve80

Hi there,

As the topic states, I have a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.7L and would like to improve the overall suspension/body roll with a performance kit of some kind.

I currently have the Up-Country suspension that came stock.

I have installed a Flowmaster 3-chamber muffler (used to have a 2 chamber, but it was too loud), and a K&N Cold Air Induction kit. Very minor upgrades, but it's a start.

I was looking at the Eibach PRO-PLUS (PRO-KIT Springs & ANTI-ROLL-KIT Sway Bars) and new shocks.

Can anyone suggest options for me to look at?

Thanks!

I also have Toyo Proxes S/T that I plan to put back on for the summer.

Performance products sells some performance parts for grands.

I believe Eibach produces a lower stiffer sport style spring for the grands, also increasing the diameter of your sway bars will help as well as removing the stamped control arms for a solid unit. beyond that, there is really nothing short of 4 linking front and rear with an adjustable coil over suspension.

steve80 said:
Hi there,

As the topic states, I have a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.7L and would like to improve the overall suspension/body roll with a performance kit of some kind.

I currently have the Up-Country suspension that came stock.

I have installed a Flowmaster 3-chamber muffler (used to have a 2 chamber, but it was too loud), and a K&N Cold Air Induction kit. Very minor upgrades, but it's a start.

I was looking at the Eibach PRO-PLUS (PRO-KIT Springs & ANTI-ROLL-KIT Sway Bars) and new shocks.

Can anyone suggest options for me to look at?

Thanks!

Upgrade to a 63 NM throttle body

Upgrade the sway bars for sure if you want less body roll.

Upcountry springs are pretty stiff as is. Most stiffer coils, IE... Eibach or ?? will lower the ride heigth; Even more so compared to Upcountry coils. You could upgrade to a stiffer shock like Edelbrock or ??. Stiffer on road means stiffer off road to generally. A good shock for stiff on road or soft off road?? Maybe some adjustable Rancho 9000s would be even better for both.

Back