2.5L Turbo Setup

Hey guys. I just bought a Borgwarner 51T/32 turbo from a friend. Its in pretty good shape but i need someone who has a little more knowledge with a turbo. I understand that i need 36lb injectors, a piggy back computer, and how all the plumbing needs to be. Cant really figure out how to mount this thing anywhere without risking my A/C :???: Heres a few pictures of it. Correct me if im wrong but is there a piece missing where the exhaust exits the turbo? Thanks!

Attachments

• 100_1880.JPG
    100_1880.JPG
    202 KB · Views: 1,225
  • 100_1885.JPG
    100_1885.JPG
    193.9 KB · Views: 448
  • 100_1886.JPG
    100_1886.JPG
    207.4 KB · Views: 290
  • 100_1892.JPG
    100_1892.JPG
    190.4 KB · Views: 836
  • 100_1866.JPG
    100_1866.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 412
you are missing the outer part of the turbine housing. google megasquirt. its alot better then a piggy back ecu and will let you get hte max out of your engine, turbo or not.

that one has an internal blow off. is it a factory unit off of some car? if the ecu in your jeep is fairly decent, you can run a turbo on your vehicle to about 8 pounds of boost with no issues. i don't know how good jeep ecus are though, so google or join a megasquirt forum and look for other jeep 2.5 owners.

you are missing the outer part of the turbine housing. google megasquirt. its alot better then a piggy back ecu and will let you get hte max out of your engine, turbo or not.

that one has an internal blow off. is it a factory unit off of some car? if the ecu in your jeep is fairly decent, you can run a turbo on your vehicle to about 8 pounds of boost with no issues. i don't know how good jeep ecus are though, so google or join a megasquirt forum and look for other jeep 2.5 owners.

Do you know where i can find the outer housing for this turbo? Could i fabricate one myself?

I'd put money on- Thats off a SAAB. It has a internal waste gate.
Oil in and oil out are easy to find fittings for. Borg was not known for there turbos. Garrett is a more widly used brand. you could use a flat piece of steel to cap the end and fab exhaust out. But the waste gate may not open all the way up. Make sure there is no play in the turbine. Using a turbo on a stock engine with "normal" compression is risky. You should lower your compression and add an intercooler to prolong/protect the engine. And I take it you already know you're going to need more fuel. Injector pulse would have to be longer and consider adding an air/fuel meter to keep an eye on it. Stoych is ideal, but i'd run it a little rich at idle.

Hello everyone!

What about a 6 cilinder high output turbo?

Thanks, Marco

Back