Big MoparII

MT_D

I recently asked for your guys input on a 318 or 360. and decided to go with the 318 sence it came with a transmission(727) and transfer case (241)(came from a 84 Ram Charger). I am in the process of rebuilding all three items to make sure they are in good working order when I put them in my YJ.
Anyway this will be my first 6 to 8 eng swap. Can I get tips so I can avoid the "WTF" situations as much as I can. I want to do my best to set everthing up so I can come as close to a 1 day swap as I can. Im getting an universal V-8 mount that should work. When I start this I will take pix as I go and Ill post when I can.
Yea so anything wire harness set up, powersteering,do I need to cut something, make a sacrifice to the Jeep gods, what ever you guys thing that is needed that may get over looked. BTW I have beer for buds who want to came help ....lol

I've never done an engine swap, so can't be much help. If you do the swap be sure to take lots of photos though.

I wish i could help! I picked up a 318 for nothin so im lookin 4 a transmission perfer a np435 (its a 4 speed standerd) mine came from a 93 dodge ram 3500 van with 120k kms on it. just sittin on a motor stand in shed waitin 4 me!! since i blew reverse outa my ax-5 behind the 2.5 i figure nows the time 2 install the 5.2:lol: so wen i find out sumthin usefull il let u no

Back