Weak!

1995wranglertlc

Hey Guys, i was wondering if yall had any advise on how i could get a little more powers out of my 2.5l in my jeep (1995 yj). it has 32 11.50 tires on it so i no thats a drag down on that small motor. What could i do to it to get more "pep" or "get up and go"

Thanks in advance! :)

I advise rehearing to 4.56's that will help you get alot more power back, but you could get a full exhaust system, but that will run you about 1100 $ you better to Regear first and if there still isn't enough power for you add a cold air intake and a free flowing cat back, or just skip the Regear and other stuff and drop a V8 or cummins 4bt or ever a 4.3 Vortec V6 up to you though.

I like the v8 idea! but im just looking for something for just a lill more pep. new exhaust was actually my first option. how much would a cold air intake and a free flowing cat back cost?

Check out quadratech.com they are very helpful and have step by step upgrades for improving any jeeps performance. Great prices too.

Depends on the material you choose and stuff like that cold air intake if you look properly you can get for like 250 and a cat back exhaust I was quoted 220 for aluminized dynomax super turbo but I refuse to go with aluminum it rusts way to fast I'm going stainless steel which costs a little more, and I think I'm going to choose banks Borla or Gibson, don't know well see but all together a guess of roughly 500 but I have a 4.0L, alot of guys here will tell you if your gonna do all that you might as well just regear. Because it brings back alot more of your power, jp mag did a test on the whole regear thing and achieved alot of power back on the dyno instead of the huge lack with bigger tires.

Its true...gears are your best bet. Rather than trying a bunch of other stuff and finding out it doesn't make too much of a difference. Through research and advice I have discovered that it doesnt matter what size your motor is as much as the gearing does. For those size tires, I would reccomend 4.88. Good luck.

Back