Amc 360

One of the best upgrades i've done is replacing the distributor with an HEI. You will no longer need that ford electronic ignition module mounted behind the coolant reservoir bottle. That will eliminate a lot of wires as well. Cooling wise, i've replaced the factory CJ radiator with a custom 4 core aluminum radiator. I've removed the heavy duty mechanical cooling fan and replaced it with an electric fan from a 96 GC and modified the fan shroud for fitment of the new fan. For the switch that turns on the fan, i purchased a variable thermostat fan switch from Carquest. It has a temp. probe that attaches to the radiator fins and turns on the fan automatically at the temperature i selected it to switch on. This upgrade reduces the engine strain from constantly turning the fan everytime the engine is running, reduces noise from under the hood , better horsepower and response from the engine and more efficient in cooling the radiator and also increases your fuel economy.

Horesepower upgrades that you probbably do not want to do:
When i built my AMC 360 i decided to install an Edelbrock performer cam, lifters, intake and a 750cfm carburator. This was an overkill upgrade IMO. It's great to have it but i hardly think i use it enough to make it worth it. I think a stock cam would have probbably been just fine with the upgraded intake and a 650cfm Edelbrock or a truck avenger carburator.

I still have a stock exhaust. I'm trying to keep it as quiet as possible since i use this jeep out in the ranch as well for hunting. The best one i've seen from some of the jeepers here is the Edelbrock shorty that's inside the fender. It looks clean and has a deep rumble when paired with a decent muffler.

Back