How can i get better gas mileage

Has anyone tried the GForce chip? Listed at $399.00 but can be bought direct for $69. THey claim 35 HP and 3 to 4 MPG gain. Thanks for any responce.

the only way these types of things work is by doing other mods to make the engine work easier. so chip, intake system, exhaust system, fuel injectors, and rolling resistance would b the mods to make it work good.

i tried it on my bmw. mileage stayed the same but performance increased in acceleration and top speed, by alot :twisted:

"IF all the intake & exhaust & chip type mods do anything, they are still a poor ROI due to the insane prices."

I second that. Having said that I did install the whole k&n kit, cat back exhaust, and hyper tech chip on my 2006 rubi unlimited. Also got took off the spare and hylift. I changed from Goodyear MTs to BFG ATs (although I did lift it two inches and put bigger tires). I also took out all unnecessary gear for daily driving (except for my Glock 17:). Over all I spend thousands and am saving pennies. But hey it runs great 😊.

Here is my MPG magic bullet: This summer/fall I will be installing a VW 1.9l TDI Diesel engine from a wrecked 2000 Jetta.

Boom!

Icelia said:
Here is my MPG magic bullet: This summer/fall I will be installing a VW 1.9l TDI Diesel engine from a wrecked 2000 Jetta.

Boom!

I get 42 mpg with my jetta TDI I'm interested to see how well the engine does in a jeep let me know how it turns out

superj said:
Yup, once the jeep knows you have another car, its going to cost you. The jeep will talk crap to the car all night long and the car will break down from anxiety

Lmfao. Nice. I always thought our family's cars talked to each other, too.

My mpg is super in the shitter for my '06 6cyl. I am lucky to see 13 mpg. I cannot pull away from a red light and see my rpm's less than about 2800. If speed is over 50, my rpm's also well over 2000. Idk why. I keep him maintenanced. He sounds good. I understand the drop in mpg post lift and addition of so much weight from winch, skids, etc, but to go from 20mpg new to 12-13 mpg a couple years later... Wow. I've just been living with it.

My mpg is super in the shitter for my '06 6cyl. I am lucky to see 13 mpg. I cannot pull away from a red light and see my rpm's less than about 2800. If speed is over 50, my rpm's also well over 2000. Idk why. I keep him maintenanced. He sounds good. I understand the drop in mpg post lift and addition of so much weight from winch, skids, etc, but to go from 20mpg new to 12-13 mpg a couple years later... Wow. I've just been living with it.
The ethanol that they put in gas now hurts the mpg. Also different parts of the country get different kinds of gas at different times of the year. Where I live we get the crappy oxygenated gas in the summer and I have to run at least 89 then so it doesn't ping or run bad.

There ARE gas stations with ethanol-free gas. Google will find them but they are few and far between. Worth a shot as an experiment if there is one nearby. The closest one to me is about 90 miles away.

I thought the government regulated the amount of ethanol that can be put in gas

Oh, I see. So you can have less, but no more than 10%. Now I get it. I thought the gov't specifically regulated gas mixtures.

There is only one way to get better gas mileage. Buy a prius. You can keep good maintenance and keep weight down, but its not going to do very much. When you bought a jeep I know you didn't buy it because you finally are going to save money on gas. You bought it for the fun you have in it. Not trying to be a hole here, but really there is no such thing as a genie in a bottle.

any thing you can do to make the engine breath easier will help in your mileage. air (K/N filter), header, exhaust etc.. Dont expect to see huge gains but these will help. As mentioned above you end up spending a lot to save a little, but your jeep will sound better and have a little more pep.

My mpg is super in the ****ter for my '06 6cyl. I am lucky to see 13 mpg. I cannot pull away from a red light and see my rpm's less than about 2800. If speed is over 50, my rpm's also well over 2000. Idk why. I keep him maintenanced. He sounds good. I understand the drop in mpg post lift and addition of so much weight from winch, skids, etc, but to go from 20mpg new to 12-13 mpg a couple years later... Wow. I've just been living with it.

Wow, are the newer jeeps really that bad on gas. I have read lots of threads of people complaining about their mileage on newer jeeps. Whats up??? I have a very old engine with a large double pumper carb, headers, 4-spd, 4.88 gears and Im guessing that I get around 10-13 mpg. 48 yrs after my engine was made, with all the tecnology, fuel injection, computers, they cant do better than that. Thats sad to say the least

Back