TBS and Intake

Yea I wish I knew how to measure these results and write up data for it. All I know is that my air intake/ filter box works great with its sliding plate. Not sure exactly whats its doing, is it air pressure build up inside the box ? is it the amount of availible air ? or is it a air ram effect ? Maybe a part of all it.

How do you know without some measure? I was interested in better mpg. So I drove every tank empty and monitored every fill up. I had two to three years of data with at least 6 mo between some mods. That is where I saw mpg increase with the new intake and then drop right back after ~500 mi. After 2k in mods I did see improved mpg of 2-3 mph highway. Through monitoring I was also able to tell when my O2 sensors failed and the CATs broke down. Even when it was time to change the plugs and clean the IAC. I learned a lot by measuring.

How do you know without some measure? I was interested in better mpg. So I drove every tank empty and monitored every fill up. I had two to three years of data with at least 6 mo between some mods. That is where I saw mpg increase with the new intake and then drop right back after ~500 mi. After 2k in mods I did see improved mpg of 2-3 mph highway. Through monitoring I was also able to tell when my O2 sensors failed and the CATs broke down. Even when it was time to change the plugs and clean the IAC. I learned a lot by measuring.

Sounds like a plan, I did not and have not measured as you have nor drove till empty not even filled up every time I got gas. I gotta do it and learn more by keeping a log. Yes !

Sounds like a plan, I did not and have not measured as you have nor drove till empty not even filled up every time I got gas. I gotta do it and learn more by keeping a log. Yes !

You might even take note of where you buy gas, highway only, mixed or just city, driving style like heavy on the pedal or light, and mph on the highway.

You might even take note of where you buy gas, highway only, mixed or just city, driving style like heavy on the pedal or light, and mph on the highway.

Well I will do that, gonna get me a log book, I do have so many old note pads in my jeep and when I look back at them I can not tell when and what I did . Its on the notes but no date or milieage. Shame on me. Ok we cracking down and gonna run this thing like a jet fighter. Thanks

Its been a while since I have been on forum, I have been taking care of my ill wife, and also been messing with a new Cb in my 97 jeep wrangler. Something I did on spur of the moment and how nice it feels. For a while I been tweeking and tunning for performance, torque, and regular just running tip top. To review past udgrades, NGKs, Hot coil 45,000 volts , 4.OL TB on my 4 banger, accel wires, cat back, cold air, and more, yada yada yada. Through times passed one of my biggest complaint was no matter what I did to get rid of bucking or hesitation. Especiallly on first starts of the day or cold weather, and sometimes random. Tried many things such as regap plugs, cleaned K&N filter, new accel wires, New Throttle position sensor, new idle air intake sensor and nothing worked. It seemed to help a bit at first then the bucking just returned. So without giving it a thought, I used some old super thick speaker wire, one strand only. The copper side. Crimped on connectors at both ends, hook one up to 1 bolt on throttle body, and the other end at a random screw that holds the evap canister to the drivers fender. What this did is give a added ground to the throttle body, which equals 3 sensors, MAP, IAC, TPS. These sensors have been replaced before with no happy result as far as bucking goes. Will to the point, ALL my bucking is gone, all my hesitation is gone. Throttle response increased. I know there is expensive grounding kits out there. But this little wire is good for me right now. Feels so good to rid of all bucking. I will upgrade to a thicker wire and mount to frame and not the body for a better ground. This right now was done as a random test and super happy with results. It is obvious there is a open circuit or bad ground on one of those sensors, maybe just a bad contact at all those connections. Grease grime, oil, dirt or just corrosion from sea salt air. I live near the ocean. Its wierd having my rig idle and crawl without bucking. NICE

Back