Louder exhaust

jaredjayy16

Hey Guys I have a 2003 jeep wrangler x and I love the deep throat sound of a truck and was wondering how to achieve this with a v6 engine?
Thanks for any input!

There's a couple of things you can do depending on how loud you want to go. A cat back exhaust will give a nice throaty sound, or you could go with a full system with headers hi flow muffler and bigger pipes and really make some noise.

I have a Gibson cat-back on my Sport Trac, it makes a V6 sound about as good as it ever will. They make them for Jeeps too.
The Jeep has a Banks cat-back that I just got, it is loud without being objectionable (to me) but it is a 4-banger so I can't say how it would sound with a V6.

A couple years ago my cousin totaled his s10 v6 with a series 40 flowmaster and it sounded real nice so I stole it and put it on my v6 Tacoma... It wasn't exactly a v8 sound but it was loud and agressive.. sounded like a race engine

My muffler is about to start being religious( holy in other words ) So I am looking for something that would make the TJ sound a little different. 4.0 inline and its awful quiet, I miss my YJ that had little to no muffler and the roar it could make, however calmer heads ( in other words the lady of the house) has said No your not having a window rattler like that!I was thinking flowmaster but if you guys have some suggestions I will take them.

I have a series 50 flowmaster on my xj and it giveaway it a good low sound you can hear but its not way loud. You can hear it but its not obnoxious or anything. It's perfect

my 4 cylinder tj has a long tube header and flowmaster 40 series and its axle dumped. its loud as all get out and has serious torque gain from it. but i dig the rumble at the low rpms its when you hit the gas she screams, meaning anything over 1500 rpm. so pick the 50 series id say to keep it slightly mild for that high scream. theres times where my ears still ring when im done driving, didnt think it would be that bad till i did it. haha :funny:

I have a Borla muffler on my jeep. Took off factory and welded that bad boy on. Its all the noise ill ever need. Nice v6 sound without over killing it

Back