Which pipes are louder flowmaster or magnaflow?

whosyourmack

My friend has a 350 v8 and is wondering what pipes would be loudest out of flowmasters and magnaflows. He want single in single out straight pipes. Any suggestions?

i think magnaflow are better sounding. as far as louder, glass packs or straight pipes.

i had straight pipes on my 79 gmc stepside with a 350v8 and it sounded badass. they exited right behind the front doors, where the cab and bed meet. straight out the sides. i loved it.

Depends on which mufflers. Flowmasters tend to be more raw and burbly, where as magnaflow has a bit more of a refined sound since they aren't baffled.

my 85 chevy pick up had flowmaster 40 on it when i bought it and its straight pipe off headers and you cant beat it my buddy had a 96 with thrush glass packs on it and it was pretty loud too

Run electric cut outs then it can be loud when ya want it and quiet when you need it. Lol I'm more of a sleeper quiet person but have had a few loud trucks. I always ran dyno max dumped after the muffler.

I would personally go for the magnaflow. its associated mufflers comes with stainless steel core and a mesh that gives it this deep sound when driving. I am positive you will be making an informed choice when you go for the magnaflow.

Back