Modification TO snorkel

prariepunk

I'm having issues with getting extra crap in my air box & I'm looking to install a cheap prefilter but not sure which route to go.
One of my friends suggested cutting a MX filter to fit into the top or putting pantyhose over it because mud doesn't stick to pantyhose. I'm looking for any ideas on this because I'm going through air filters PDQ.

You can also use a fine mesh screen like whats used for screen doors. It's not as fine as a stocking but will do the job of keeping the larger debris out and the main filter can catch the smaller particles. Just be dilligent in checking the status of the screen either way you go cause if it does plug up, it will choke out your throttle body and deprive it of the proper air and fuel mixture.

That's what I like about the pantyhose, mud won't stick to it... & here in OH, there is mud on every trail (around me anyway)

You might try that fiber stuff they use to filter air conditioners. My boss bought a whole roll of it to cover the vents on our welders and keep the dust out. He said it was cheap, not sure where he got it though.

Back