boost! which one?

Skulljeep683

So I've got my tj, and a 2.9 stroker, comes with a healthy cam and forged guts, now for my boosting options I have to modify a supercharger from avengers from the 4.0, or should I get the turbo kit? Which one would be better? Cause the supers loose cooling performance on the intercoolers and even with a pulley swap still have limited boost. The turbos I fear for torque and surge and lag. And I have to modify my header. I'm unsure of which is best. Any info would be great!

Not sure what an avengers supercharger is? Is it a dynamic or positive displacement type supercharger? Regardless of supercharger (dynamic or positive) or turbocharger, each has it's trade-offs as you are aware. What do you plan to use the Jeep for I think is a better question?

There is starting to become greater and greater aftermarket support for the turbos. The 4 cylinder is happy at higher RMPs, so lag shouldn't be a problem with how the 4 cylinders wrap up fairly quickly and turbos offer good torque without the minor parasitic power loss a super charger is known for. IF lag is a problem you just need to put a smaller turbo on which will wrap up quicker.

505 performance offers a turbo kit for the 91+ 4 bangers. 505 Performance

Bacon

There is starting to become greater and greater aftermarket support for the turbos. The 4 cylinder is happy at higher RMPs, so lag shouldn't be a problem with how the 4 cylinders wrap up fairly quickly and turbos offer good torque without the minor parasitic power loss a super charger is known for. IF lag is a problem you just need to put a smaller turbo on which will wrap up quicker. 505 performance offers a turbo kit for the 91+ 4 bangers. 505 Performance Bacon

This^^^. Turbos build torque.

Cool, the supercharger is a roots style I'm unfamiliar with the other terms. But the turbo I've seen on a 4.0 and it was mean even for stock internals. I'm sure with an electronic boost controller I could run it up to 1bar off-road and then for highway tune it down to a half A bar for efficiency. Am I correct on that? I've been researching just looking for clarity.

Back