Help! code P0330 on my 06 commander 4.7Lt. prognosis and solution?

Vieste

Code just showed up I ran my OBD reader and the codeP0330 something to do with the Knock sensore.

I welcome your comments.

Love my !!
Vieste

113838-1.jpg

The two knock sensors (1) are bolted into the cylinder block under the intake manifold (3).

NOTE:The left sensor is identified by an identification tag (LEFT). It is also identified by a larger bolt head. The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) must have and know the correct sensor left/right positions. Do not mix the sensor locations.
1.Disconnect knock sensor dual pigtail harness from engine wiring harness. This connection is made near rear of engine.
2.Remove intake manifold.
3.Remove sensor mounting bolts (2). Note foam strip on bolt threads. This foam is used only to retain the bolts to sensors for plant assembly. It is not used as a sealant. Do not apply any adhesive, sealant or thread locking compound to these bolts.
4.Remove sensors (1) from engine.

I would not think those would be related. the knock sensors are engine and would not interact with the transmission. P0330 is a generic code and it would probably be useful to pay a dealer the 50 to 100 bucks to get them to hook it up to a DRBIII scan tool and read what the transmission code really is. The knock sensors could be bad or it could be the supply to them which is the PCM. Unfortunately they are hidden under the intake m

Back