heat quiting

DanJBrown567

My heater keeps shutting off, I replaced the whole module. Still shuts off and comes on when desired. The third setting usually doesn't work. I start my Jeep to let it warm up. The heat turns on. A half hour later I jump in it and the heats off. Any suggestions?

Welcome to Jeepz.com.
What year and model Jeep do you have? Also, when you say the heat cuts off, does the air change from hot to cold, or does the fan motor quit blowing all together?

With addition to terrymason's questions, what do you mean by the whole module? By your description,which more detail would be appreciated, kind of sounds like a loose/intermittent contact or connection

The blower just stops on the last two of the highest settings. It's a 2001 Jeep wrangler sport with the 4.0L the air still remains hot or cold depending on the setting just the blower its self stops.

Could be the switch itself or the blower motor. Don't know if it's actuators or vacuum. My '01 grand cherokee is vacuum

It has to be the switch or wiring. Though the resistors are known to go bad, however, the high setting never fails because it is a short.

Last edited:
Back