A reason to wear your seatbelt

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
A pretty scary video here. I have a hard time understanding what the spotter wants her to do, he's moving his hands all over the place.

Last edited:

stock jeep, with NO articulation,spells disaster!
Waw that was a nasty ride down the hill!!!

I think it's both the error of the spotter and the driver. If i was the driver and saw that something else is happening , the spotters command is over ruled. Your right though Terry, that spotter had no clue of the hand signals he was waving around.

I think that you've got a combination of a rookie driver (which is ok, we all have to start somewhere), who really trusted her spotter and a spotter who told her to take the wrong line.

From the comments it looks like the lady broke her back, but is expected to recover within a year.

Last edited:

Also illustrates how strong a stock roll-cage is in a TJ. Would have been even worse in any vehicle that didn't have a cage...stock or otherwise. Scary stuff.

IDIOT!!! If you don't know how to spot saftley do everyone a favor DON'T!!! What was that guy thinking telling her to go right when she should have gone left:shades:To bad he did'nt get run over when she rolled!!!Might have knocked a little sence into that stupid little head of his:DBesides hurting that lady almost killing her he killed that nice jeep (what did it ever do to him ):shades:I'm sure if she could she would sue him for this :shades:Hope she recovers with no long term problems From this wreck
ouch-1.gif
:roll:Then she can kick his butt!!!!:spank::deadhorse:

See why spotters should never never under ANY circumstances, smoke crack before spotting . . . EVER!!!!!

Wow...that hill really didn't even look that difficult to be honest with you (at least coming down it anyway). Maybe it's just the video but I was trying to figure out why she even needed a spotter. And right before she rolled you could tell she was tapping the brake and the right rear was starting to lift, she should have been able to figure out something was wrong but she kept trying to turn up the hill.

Back