Jeep Monster Truck

Now wait a minute, if you pause the video at 0:10, there are way too many slots in the grill. Whats going on there? I guess they had to widen the body to make it fit on the frame.

Looks like old-school monster truck with leaf springs and limited suspension travel. Those drivers really took a beating back then.

Looks like old-school monster truck with leaf springs and limited suspension travel. Those drivers really took a beating back then.

Yeah, I remember back in the early-mid 80s when monster trucks first started to get popular, it was a big deal if one rolled because they were so heavy (and not tube frame) - I remember one of the drivers - I think it was of the narrowed Awesome Kong, they promoted him at one point as the only monster truck driver who had rolled a truck more than 3 or 4 times and survived. Now with the stupid Monster Jam they intentionally roll the trucks at every show.

Yeah, I remember back in the early-mid 80s when monster trucks first started to get popular, it was a big deal if one rolled because they were so heavy (and not tube frame) - I remember one of the drivers - I think it was of the narrowed Awesome Kong, they promoted him at one point as the only monster truck driver who had rolled a truck more than 3 or 4 times and survived. Now with the stupid Monster Jam they intentionally roll the trucks at every show.

Ah the good 'ol days!

Back