Maine jeepers?

TeddESP

Is there anyone from Maine on this forum? I posted on the Maine forum a few days ago with no responses. I figured I'd post on here.

north shore MA, I can be in ME in less than an hour.

all the trails I know of in ME were along the ME/NH boarder and all are now closed by the ME-DCR I believe. 99% of wheelable land is privately owned that we work out leasing agreements with the owners to use the land. I suggest joining NEWJO (North East Willy's Jeep Organization) they are a ME based offroad club and can get you all the trails you could ever want. Some of the best North East wheeling is in central NH. Last Summer we hosted the Ultimate Adventure at one of our trails, It was hillarious watching the so-cal style rigs on North East trails.

NEWJO - North East Willys Jeeps Organization - Recreation & Restoration Since 1999

If you are serious about offroading, I highly suggest joining a club and being an active participant in the land effort. I also want to add, I am not a member of that club so I am forwarding this because they might fit in for you.

Thanks, it's definitely something I'll look into.. I'm not hardcore about it yet just want to find some places to get out and explore.

I'm living in upstate NY right now - right by Lake Champlain. The wife and I took a long weekend last fall and went to Maine. If you're not looking for "hard core" and just want to explore I might suggest the Moosehead Lake region. Lots of dirt roads everywhere that folks in more "urban" areas might consider "trails". Very beautiful country and great people........might even see some moose (we didn't, unfortunately). And some cool places to stay in Jackman.

Yea I was way up from the allagash area... And I moved to southern Maine so I've been trying to look for some local things, but I do want to visit there eventually.

NEWJO is one of the moderate hardcore clubs in the area, half people are 40" tires comp buggy type wheelers, half are stockers to moderately modded (31-33's maybe a locker) if you want I can PM you a number of different clubs through out MA, NH, ME. some use harder trails than others. NEWJO is a prefect club for the person never wanting to just get out and recreate, they do have a number of stocker runs per year and their dues are actually not bad.

I'm from the central Maine area. Staffer on Maine4x4.org. Rocky Mountain Terrain Park in Carthage is a good spot to go. I go to Allwheels in Lewiston a lot because it's so close.

There's a few guys from southern Maine in the club, and one from NH who comes up this way.

zr2toxj said:
I'm from the central Maine area. Staffer on Maine4x4.org. Rocky Mountain Terrain Park in Carthage is a good spot to go. I go to Allwheels in Lewiston a lot because it's so close.

There's a few guys from southern Maine in the club, and one from NH who comes up this way.

Maine4x4 is a club right? I had looked into it a little while ago I think.

Maine4x4 is a club right? I had looked into it a little while ago I think.

It sure is. You can join for 30 days to check things out. We're always planning something. Next year will be a big event at RMTP, if we can pull it off.

We'll be doing some snow wheeling as soon as it gets here. 8)

zr2toxj said:
It sure is. You can join for 30 days to check things out. We're always planning something. Next year will be a big event at RMTP, if we can pull it off.

We'll be doing some snow wheeling as soon as it gets here. 8)

Could you pm me details by any chance? Would be greatly appreciated.

Could you pm me details by any chance? Would be greatly appreciated.

PM on it's way....

EDIT: My post count isn't high enough to send you a PM, yet. I need 10 posts.

Last edited:
zr2toxj said:
I'll work on that.....8)

Anyway, go register at Maine4x4.org and I can tell you more there if you want....

I registered earlier this month.. Its awaiting approval. :p

Thanks.. I'm on there under the same name if it would be easier to talk on there.

Back