Morris county mechanic

Mmullette

Hy everyone - my cj has been sitting a few hrs while out of the country. I got it started, but i want someone to take a look and maybe do some work (someone to tell me what needs doing). Any suggestions in or around Morris county.

83-cj-7=383-stroker said:
for starters i would change the oil and put fresh gas in it and give it a good greese job

Yup, that's where I'm at. Got some leaks here and there, not sure about the exhaust, and the carb is a little off at idle. Id like to get it up on a lift and look under for a bit. Do you know anyone in the area who does jeeps?

im not from your neck of the woods im in wis was just putting in my 2 cents on what i would do first run a good carb cleaner threw your fuel system that will help with the rough idle a bit when was the last time u gave it a good tune up?

83-cj-7=383-stroker said:
im not from your neck of the woods im in wis was just putting in my 2 cents on what i would do first run a good carb cleaner threw your fuel system that will help with the rough idle a bit when was the last time u gave it a good tune up?

Good tuneup? Probably going on three ears. Got a good checklist or something to dot the i's and cross the t's

I know I'm bringing an old thread back from the dead but if anyone is looking for a good mechanic in Morris County I would go to MD Auto Repair Center in Boonton.

Boonton NJ , brings back memories . Back in '88 I worked for a steamship line in Giralda Farms off what is now route 124 . Used to know that area well. I was 25 then . Those were the days.

It's on the top of Main Street in Boonton. He has a new bigger sign going up this week so that his shop can actually be seen.

Back