97 laredo mux/t tow HELP

Cc00per

I have a 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 5.2L v8 overdrive. I was driving home from work monday night and my car just completely died in the middle of the road. Long story short, i had it towed to my mechanic and they worked on it for 2 days and the only answer they came up with was the the mux/t tow fuse was draining the battery. Its the 50 amp mux t tow fuse. They said they couldnt fix it there. So i now have my car sitting in front of my house. My first question is if I just jump the battery can I drive the car? If so, for how long? Can I remove the fuse thats draining the battery just to drive to and from work? What can I do to fix the problem? I really do not want to get rid of my car. I love my car and will do anything to fix it. I just need the steps in the right direction. Please help

Read more: http://www.jeepz.com/forum/cherokee...9-97-laredo-mux-t-tow-help.html#ixzz3wsbUJBr1

You will get better responses if you put this question in the proper section of the forum. There is a cj section at the top of the forum page and just under that is the Cherokee section, click onto it then put your question there.. Im not up on Cherokees and don't know what that fuse is or controls, but Seems the alt would charge the bat as you are driving?? I could see it draining over night or after sitting a while, but draining to the point of it shutting off sounds like it isn't being charged by the alt.

Back