new from NY

jcs64

Hey, my names jeff, Im from upstate NY (Amsterdam).
My background is in mostly older stuff (1930's).
100_0325-1.jpg

000_0246-1.jpg

polymouth3-1.jpg

100_1239-1.jpg

Ive been a machinist for 11yrs so that helps me keep my old junk on the the road. It also helps when its time to hot rod stuff!
Now why Im here, I just picked up a '90 YJ w/ a 4" rough country susp. lift, 3" body lift , 33x 12.5 tires (bridgestone dueler), 8.25 chrysler rear, stock front all w 3.55 gears (they were mismatched when I got it, 4.1 front/ 3.55 rear) It runs 2500rpm at 60mph so I decided to stay w/ the 3.55 (for now). The engine is a TPI 350 chivy w/ 350 transmission.
100_2127-1.jpg

The guy that put it together was a total cobjobber and Ive been going thru it since Nov. Ive seen things as stupid as hot wires twisted together and wrapped in duct tape or hot glue (or just wrapped together and tucked away!)
Look forward to learning more here, thanks , jeff

Welcome to the "Z", Jeff!!!! Love that old stuff!!! (can't call that JUNK!!!!). You should be a very interesting guy to have around (We've been shoppin' around for the "just right" old 50's Willys wagon). Hope you stick around............sounds like you could help us out alot.

Again, welcome aboard!!!...............oh, BTW, nice YJ! Sounds like it's got lots of possibilities...........you did keep the 4:11's, right?

old geezer mud

Back