Hello from Northern Virginia

91YJ7Wrangler

Hey everybody,

My name is Chris and I live in Centreville, VA. I have a 91 YJ with an 83 CJ front clip (hence my member name). I am 26 years old and have owned a Jeep since I was 16. My wife and I just had a little baby girl 4 weeks ago and named her CJ. I posted in the Tech. forum about my running problem. After driving for about 10min. my oil pressure drops to 0-30 and my rpm goes from 1000 to 500. The engine runs a little rough but I can still drive just fine. It is a 2.5 4cyl. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

welcome! I live in nova too unfortunatly... Also i like your daughters name. Pretty cool

Welcome to Jeepz!

I lived in Centreville for about 6 years - right off of Stone Road in Sully Station 2. About 2 years ago I moved to VA Beach and haven't looked back - being around the water rocks.

Have you gone on any of the ~local trails? I went to Front Royal many years ago, and hit up Charlottesville in May

well..... trails not really. I found one in Leesburg, its schetchy cause it doesn't say if its private or not. Theres a place called 606 (never been) i think its a small creek crossing off highway 606 which is by Dulles. Uhhh other than that and side ruts/openings off the side of the road... there isn't much that I've found

Yeah, 606 was ok but the police started issuing tresspassing tickets if they found you out there. Anybody know where on the east coast you can drive and camp on the beach?

I know you can drive on a few beaches in NC, not sure about camping... can't remember the name of the place but i know someone here does

If you get a beach permit you can drive on the beaches in Deleware. The last I heard it was around $135 for a non-resident permit, valid for one year. It also gets you into the state parks free of charge with the permitted vehicle only. I'm not sure about camping on the beaches there, but if you go to Cape Henelopen they have primative campsites that are a few hundred yards from the water. I'm not yet familiar with Virginia's beach driving and camping laws.

Back