tidewater VA. any Locals?

rebelmedic01

Hey everyone, im in portsmouth i have a pretty much stock 88 yj wrangler. im looking for locals that want to teach me how to work on my jeep. i really want to learn about vehicles, ill help you too... i know guns not jeeps. haha

I'm out in VA beach. There's a couple of local groups that you can catch up with - I've been to meetings of VA beach offroaders and No BS offroad (both of these can be found on meetup.com). I've also heard of colonial offroad out in Williamsburg - If memory serves, they have their own land to offroad on.

Have you had a chance to take it offroad yet? There aren't many places local, I've been to Shoe Creek and Uwharrie - both are a couple of hours away.

i know some people in suffolk where i wheel, and a nice, but easy "road" to get muddy, its got a street sign but goes nowhere. unfortunantly i dont have a garage or many tools, but lots of work to do. im poor so i have to do everything myself, and im self taught. ive bought manuals and they only get me so far when i have no idea what its talking about. i have a buddy who lets me use his tools and i work in the street.

I'm in petersburg, VA so about a 1.5 hrs from you. Cool seeing some "local" people on here.

I am in Hillsville, VA. Unfortunately, that means I am on the other side of the state. BUT, if it makes you feel any better, through looking around, it seems that everyone on here is on your side of the state, lol.

one thing i have found out about jeps through working on mine is that just about everything is metric lol i had 2 put a transmission in mine w/ the help of my buddy and his "shop " outside of town mine locked up and well i think im gonna rebuild it and sell it for x tra money that or just tak it 2 the junk yard i no its HEAVY for a fact lol welcome 2 the Z

Im new here but live here at the beach. Im like you though, not mechanically inclined. Hopefully I wont have to worry about working on mine anytime soon. Just wanted to say hey. Good luck with her.

Back