Here it is just about a year ago!
myjeep-2.jpg

1980 Jeep CJ7
5.0 H.O.
ford 9" rear
Scout Dana 44 front
clocked Dana 300 w/ twin stick
:)

Welcome to the Z. Made any progress since then?
Thanks and yes I have.

Welcome to the Z , seen the finish project on the jeep-fab board. Looks good.

I also have more information about the entire build to date at 1980 Jeep CJ7

Some more Pictures:
1980jeep-2.jpg

I have done some more since this picture like axles, windshield, and doors (winters a cold in northern IL without them).:shock:

SORRY !! I,m just a DIE HARD GM guy. I may have to switch if they cant pull this mess off.
For your electrical problems- I may be able to help. I have been an electrical troubleshooter in the elevator industry for 26years.I have built many street rods from bare frames to show cars with "MANY" electrical challenges.
I also have a network of good ol boys that know all the tricks.
If I can be of help?
You can e-mail @ lv8rman@peoplepc.com

I will keep that in mind, but I have not had much time to work on it lately.

If I remember correctly the fuel pump circuit is working correctly, it turns over slow and does not seam to try to fire. I checked all of the ground and the power wires from the battery with no results. Battery is low and may be weak ,my next trial is a new battery, but even with jumping it turns over slow. I have good fuel pressure (checked with a gauge). Motor ran before pulling it out of the car (drove it into the garage to take it out).

I thought of something while writing this, I may have the wrong computer hooked up to it(I have others from the other motor I had in it without mass air. This might be the issue but I doubt it. I will look up the part number to double check, tomorrow.

pertneer

After replacing the battery, if it's still slow on cranking over, check for poor connections on the starter. If the starter on this ford has an external solenoid, check the connection on that or try to jump it with a jumper cable. If it makes a difference for the better, replace the solenoid.

Good news!! It was the battery. Stupid things. After I replaced it with a new one it fired right up with out any hesitation at all. I just have a couple of minor issues to tie up and I am ready for the summer. :driving-g:D

Back