Newbie!

Hey everyone,

I'm Raven, new to the site. Here looking for some advice/help as to where/how/what I need to mod my 06 Grand Cherokee. I have an exhaust, tint, black tail lights, in dash video system, annnnd I think that's it so FAR. I'm looking to get bigger tires and lift when I can afford it. For now I'd like to upgrade the size of my tires. :???:

Hey everyone,

I'm Raven, new to the site. Here looking for some advice/help as to where/how/what I need to mod my 06 Grand Cherokee. I have an exhaust, tint, black tail lights, in dash video system, annnnd I think that's it so FAR. I'm looking to get bigger tires and lift when I can afford it. For now I'd like to upgrade the size of my tires. :???:
depends how tall are you?

Hi Newbie,

Many places sell lift kits for your jeep, do you plan on installing it yourself or have it done? I usually do my own. I like a slight lift, just enough to get some tires underneath the thing but you may want a lot of articulation. Quadratec.com will have one. and there are scores of other places. I have had a bad experience with 4wheelparts.com if you run across that website. There's tons of things you can do to your Jeep, bumpers, winch, Lockers, GPS. Have fun. I don't know much about stereo systems, I welded the radio hole in my dash shut.

How tall am I? I'm 5'6.

I'm not planning on installing the lift kit myself or tires. I went to Discount Tires today and they quoted me $723 total for 255/65/17 of Yokohama, Geolander somethings. Goodyear quoted me $500-600 for the same type of deal.

How tall am I? I'm 5'6.

I'm not planning on installing the lift kit myself or tires. I went to Discount Tires today and they quoted me $723 total for 255/65/17 of Yokohama, Geolander somethings. Goodyear quoted me $500-600 for the same type of deal.

Those will be about 30" in diameter and about 10" wide. I don't know what size lift you're getting but try 265/75/R17LT in a load range "D" or "E". That's not quite 33" (32.65) dia and not quite 10 & a half inches (10.43) wide. The reason I say LT load range "D" or "E" is because I live in the desert. I travel about 25 miles to get to pavement. I suffered flat tires the first year or so I lived here at 2 or 3 a week. Once I lost the cheesey "P" tires and load range "C" tires:roll:, flats were decreased by 80%:shock:. The load range "D" and "E" are what USED to be called 8 and 10 plys. If you live in the city and rarely do wheeling, get the cheaper but if you plan on going off road a lot . . .get the light truck tires:shades:.

Back